Friday, July 29, 2011

Best Fishes


Best fishes to you all on this fine day.

Believe it or not this cute card was made using a christmas stamp set.

The fish bodies are stamped with the dotty ornament stamp from the delightful decorations stamp set shown on page 26 of the 2010 - 2011 idea book and catalogue which can be viewed here

http://www2.stampinup.com/gb/eng/543.asp

The item code for this stamp set is 116517 and its price is £21.95. This set can be used for so many things and has a co-ordinating punch set so there is no need to cut it out, The punch is on page 105 of the catalogue item no 119847 price £15.50. These items will be featured a lot in my up coming christmas projects also which will show how versitle these sets are and how they can be used all year round, with a little imagination.

For this card I stanmped two ornaments one in pumpkin pie and one in daffodil delight. I then punched out three of the branches from the two step bird punch in old olive cardstock. I then punches out two of the five petal flower punches. One is pumpkin pie and one in daffodil delight, This punch is also on page five item no 119880 price £15.50.


I also punched out with the small heart punch (page 106 item no 117193 price £5.75) one heart in pumpkin pie and one in daffodil delight this will make the lips of the fish.

I used the 1/2 inch circle punch (page 106 item no 119869 price £5.75) and the 1/8 handheld circle punch (page 106 item no 100391 price £6.75) to make the eyes. I punched two 1/2 circles in white and one daffodil delight and one pumpkin pie. I then punched out two 1/8 inch circles in black.


I also cut a top note in baja breeze with the top note die and the big shot (which can be found in the mini catalogue by clicking the link below).

http://www2.stampinup.com/gb/eng/543.asp

Ok now lets put this together. As usual the card base is an A4 sheet  cut in half to make it A5 and then folded in half to make it an A6 card which is the size of the standard Stampin Up envelopes. The card base for this card is in whisper white.

I used the snail on the top note die to stick it to my card base. I then cut off two petals of the 5 petal punch to make the fish tail and then a further two petals and then cut it in half to give me single petals for the fins. I then used the tombow multipurpose glue to stick the fish parts to the ornament punch fish bodies.

I decided where to position my fish on the card and then stuck down the seaweed branches with tombow glue under where my fish bodies would go. I then placed some dimensionals on the back of my fish and added them to my card.

All the adhesive offered by Stampin Up can be found on page 100 of the catalogue. For a finishing touch I used basic rhinestones as bubbles. These can be found on page 99 of the catalogue along with all the other embellishments. The item no is 119246 and they are £4.50 for 150 which is a lot of bling!

I hope you have enjoyed this project. Stay tuned for another project soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment