Monday, August 15, 2011

Thank you card


My craft space re-organisation is coming on well but I am not quite ready to share my pictures of it yet as there are still a couple of changes to make.

In the meantime I have a card to post.

This card is so quick and easy and would be great for anyone who has a lot of thank you cards to make for birthday gifts or new baby gifts etc.

This is my usual sized card (i.e. A4 cut in half to A5 and then folded in half). I then cut a basic black layer 2 cm smaller than the base and then a further white layer 1cm smaller than that. I adhered the two layers together using my snail and then put dimensionals on the back of the basic black layer and added it to my base.

I punched 5 hearts 1 in daffodil delight, 1 in old olive, 1 in pretty in pink, 1 in marina mist and one in whisper white with the small heart punch (page 106 item no 117193 £5.75). I picked these colours at random from my scraps.

On the white heart I used the versa mark, heat and stick powder and dazzling diamonds on the to give it a bit of sparkle. I added all the hearts to the base in a sort of wave pattern. I used mini glue dots to stick down all the hearts with the exception of the dazzling diamonds heart which I added with a piece of the edge of the dimensionals.

Using the mat pack I pierced some holes in between the hearts.

My sentiment is from the sweetheart stamp set (page 37 item no 120415 for the wood mount £22.95 and item no 120780 for the clear mount £17.95) and this was stamped in the basic black to finish the card.

I hope you like it. If you would like more information or to place an order for any of the materials used then please send me a message kirstiestampinup@gmail.com


Before I go I thought I would share with you another hobby of mine which is cake decorating. This is a picture of a "cupcake bouquet". This is a gift of cupcakes made to look like a potted plant. This is the one I have just completed for a neighbour who helped me this week.


1 comment:

  1. Kirstie this is such a fabulous idea, I love them very sweet and you are right what a fabulous idea for a gift. LOVE IT !!!Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete